Brewery Up and Running

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alowell

Reaction score
Thought everyone might like to see this. I have been getting some questions and comments about the brewery and how it has been working. I have completed two brews on it and it has worked great. I have some problems getting the RIMS heater outlet temperature to stabilize, but I think it is a vorlauf flow rate thing. The plate chiller has been moving slowly and clogging a bit with hope debris and break, but it still flows. I used hop bags and I have a false bottom in the brew kettle. I might have to just install a side pickup tube and get rid of the false bottom and whirlpool. I'll keep you guys posted and check out my blog in the signature for more information. Check out the video of the brew day with the new brewery. Thanks again for all the help!

Andrew

Pliny the Brother 003.jpg

Pliny the Brother 004.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice job, very professional rig! Do you have any problems cleaning out the metal lines?

Lots of luck brewing! :mug:

Thanks! Not as of yet, but I have only done two brews on it. I have a loop set up that circulates through all lines and vessels. From what I can tell, hot PBW does the trick on a recirc. I have tried my best to put low point drains in the system too. Fr the spots that do no have low point drains, I either disconnect the swagelock fitting or break open a tri-clover.

I am running on a standard 20 lb. grill propane tank, so yes. I cranked up the regulator to get them going when I was impatient. I have since turned the regulator down a bit since I was burning through about 3/4 of a tank of propane each brew day!

Back