Brewery limitations by pump size?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Squeeky

Reaction score
I'm looking at purchasing new stock pots over my keggles for my automated brewery. I will be using dc pumps for automation simplicity. They are rated for 3 gal/m. What do you guys think my batch limitation will be, as everything will be automated, transfer time really isn't an issue. However I will be running off one element so 30A 5500w is my max, so I would assume 20-30 gal is my limit, but with 50ft SS chiller for HERMS, and the slower pumps I don't want to take on to much. However the price difference from an 80qt to a 100qt if very little, but am I asking too much of the pumps and limit myself to 60qt for 10gal batches.

My other thought would be to do everything weldless and build a small 5g setup for testing and more the the larger system in the future. Just assuming if I'm going automated I should go all out.

Squeeky

Latest posts

Back