brewery finished !

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

matc

Reaction score
I've been working for the last couple of weeks on my electric brewery and I'm glad I bought the pump and cam locks. Did a water test and everything's ok except a few leaks in my pumps plumbing...I'm unable to fix it. The exhaust hood was a lot work !

Very nice roll away system. Hope your leaks get fixed quick so you can brew with it. Congrats on a nice build!

Looks great!! I love it when I see these simple/clean set ups.... Makes me wonder what the hell I was thinking when I built mine??

Very nice set up, im working on a set up very similar to this, thanks for the extra "inspiration" :mug:

" except a few leaks in my pumps plumbing...I'm unable to fix it."

What happened?

Well i put lots of teflon tape around everything and tightened everything as hard as I could but i'm still having a very slow leak on my T fitting and on a nipple. I dissambled everything twice and redid my teflon job but with no luck.

I'll still brew with it, it's a very small leak but it's annoying

Very nice build!

One little suggestion could be to rotate 90° the pump, since it should work better with the input flow downside and the output flow upper.

For your leaks, I'd change the tee, buying another one - maybe another brand/model - and see if it should fix the related leak. Not so often, but sometimes parts can be a little defective.

cheers

gm

Very nice build!

One little suggestion could be to rotate 90° the pump, since it should work better with the input flow downside and the output flow upper.

For your leaks, I'd change the tee, buying another one - maybe another brand/model - and see if it should fix the related leak. Not so often, but sometimes parts can be a little defective.

cheers

gm

I second the suggestion about trying a new tee. Some imported fittings are pretty crappy. Also, sometimes overtightening a fitting can deform it - at which point more tightening just makes things worse. As a general rule, plumbing joints should be snugged up firmly, not cranked to the max.

Of course, my uncle the natural gas pipeline supervisor was famous for telling his guys, "OK. Crank it down as far as it'll go, then give it another quarter turn." But he was dealing with massively thick-walled iron nipples and fittings, designed to hold hundreds of pounds of pressure.

Nice job, by the way. I'll be looking at it for ideas when I get a chance to set up my brewery in one place, instead of carrying the pieces around in my pickup.

Latest posts

Back