Brewery controllers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hamrd

Reaction score
Does anyone use a controller has an alarm, to trigger at set temp points, and manually control heat or pump accordingly?

Sure, plenty of people do. The Auber PIDs are particularly popular in the homebrew world, but there are plenty of other options (especially if you're just looking for an on/off switch to respond to simple sensor logic).

Thanks for the response, I'm currently building a herms system but prolly gonna just control manually for awhile. So I guess long form question is if get for example a love controller but don't have everything to control the valves or solenoids can I just connect a alarm to the controller at low and high set points?

What do you mean when you talk about hooking up an alarm? Are you asking if a love controller can drive solenoids? If I recall correctly, the dual stage love controller can handle 16a, though you should check the spec sheet to be sure.

in regards to the alarm, it would just beep or something telling me that the temp is at the hi point if the fire is on or temp has drop to low point and i need to turn the heat on

Latest posts

Back