brewers from poland

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

luckyzack

Reaction score
Hi, I’m Zack. Currently studying aviation logistics in Poland. A friend of mine and I are freak about beer world so not only do we hunt for best bottles whenever some appears, travel the lenght and breadth of our country wherever a beer festival is organized, but also brew our own.
Since 2014, up to now there’re 20 of beers brewed by us. A couple of porters, APAs, some witbiers. So after trying whole hectolitres of hop Ambrosia, we’d like to get to know more. In Europe in general, American beer is not such popular. Oh, American hop is an often ingredient but the beer remains still european. If U know what I mean… We’d like to try something absolutely new !
So why not to consider comin’ to the US for some brewing experience or maybe even „a brewing adventure” 🙂 who knows… We thought about working in a brewery as a kind of a helping hand. We can do anything provided that we had the contact with the brewing process. We would love to learn the American culture of brewing and also get to know how do you, the American, do it.
In Europe, especially in Poland, there’re couple of ways to visit the States by a student, ex. Work&Travel programme. And that’s the way we’d like to go.

Waiting for your answers, advice or help.
P.S.
Paul, a friend of mine mentioned at the beginning, has serious plans about brewing. He’d like to do it professionally, make it a living. His passion already took him in possession. Such an experience could give him a huge chance and soup up his CV.

Zack

Hi Zack!

One thing that you should be aware of: the legal drinking age here in the States is 21 years old. If you are 20 or younger then you will be very disappointed.

I think you would enjoy the wide variety of beers that are produced here, both in breweries as well as by home brewers.

Sounds like you and your friend have the 'fever'! And the only prescription... is more cowbell!! Lol

Since you already use US hops in some of your recipes it's a short distance to brewing American beers. Read up on the styles and scan recipes for esch to get a base of what's required. Imo the difference between European and American is the boldness of flavor. Mostly it comes from the hops. Belgian beers are quite bold but I think its more from specialty malts and yeast.

Good luck and happy (hoppy?!) brewing!

Back