Brewers best vanilla beans

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

srbelow

Reaction score
Has anyone used Brewers Best packaged vanilla beans? I was just wondering about the quality/freshness compared to an online spice store. Thanks

Just my opinion but I purchased vanilla beans from the LHBS and they were dry as a bone. They were brewers best and I cant speak for all of them just my experience only. I buy most spices and now even orange peels from local grocers. I like my vanilla beans fresh otherwise they just don't produce a good solid flavor. I also like the fresh zest or pith of citrus depending on what I am making. Find the freshest.

I haven't ever bought brewers best vanilla beans, but I have bought from beanilla.com and was quite happy. I bought a package of their bourbon vanilla beans and used them in a vanilla bourbon oaked amber ale, and they were fantastic. If 10 is gooey, and 1 is bone dry I would call them a 7 or 8 when I got them.

Back