Brewers Best Conditioning Tabs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

willyb1972020

Reaction score
I picked them up and am confused. This is my first time bottlimg. But it says 3-5 tabs per 12oz. Is this correct? It just seems like alot to me. Second how many do i put in a one letter bottle. Thank you in advance for all the help.

I picked them up and am confused. This is my first time bottlimg. But it says 3-5 tabs per 12oz. Is this correct? It just seems like alot to me. Second how many do i put in a one letter bottle. Thank you in advance for all the help.

Near as I can figure, it is 3 tabs for light carbonation, 4 for medium, and 5 for high.

1 liter is equal to 33.814 fluid ounces, or 2.818 12 ounce bottles. So, for a 1 liter bottle, you would use 8.5 tabs for light carb, 11.25 tabs for medium carb, or 14 tabs for high carb.

These things cause foaming at random times, at least for me. Whenever I've had to use these, I fill about 8 bottles, I put the caps next to each bottle, upside down. I place however many tabs I want in each bottle into the cap. So then I have 8 filled bottles, each with an upside down cap next to them with tabs in them. I dump the tabs into the filled bottle and cap it real quick, going down the line. Then repeat with about 8 more bottles until I'm done.

If you have foaming issues, that may save you some headache. The numbers of tabs per bottle that you listed sounds right, as well as UpstateMike's 1L estimate.

Thank you they recomend putting the tabs in first. From videos i have seen of people useing tabs. They have not had a problem this way. Have you tryed it that way

Back