Brewers best Belgian Tripel.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Woodro

Reaction score
Just wondering how long to keep my Belgian tripel in the secondary. Still getting a little bubbling from the airlock. When i racked it tinto the secondary the ABV was 7.8%. Kit says when bubbles stop, bottle it. any advice would be appreciated since I have have only done 1 other batch.

Just wondering how long to keep my Belgian tripel in the secondary. Still getting a little bubbling from the airlock. When i racked it tinto the secondary the ABV was 7.8%. Kit says when bubbles stop, bottle it. any advice would be appreciated since I have have only done 1 other batch.

take a hyrdrometer reading and when it is at the fg for 3 days straight i would bottle it. dont rely on the airlock bubbles, that could be the airlock just offgassing co2.

How long has it been in the primary? I would leave it for at least 4 weeks in the primary, then take a reading and if it is at recommended fg, then bottle it

take a hyrdrometer reading and when it is at the fg for 3 days straight i would bottle it. dont rely on the airlock bubbles, that could be the airlock just offgassing co2.

How long has it been in the primary? I would leave it for at least 4 weeks in the primary, then take a reading and if it is at recommended fg, then bottle it

10 days in fermentation. in 4 days the hydrometer reading has gone down from 1.020 1.018 OG was 1.080 according to the directions after caclulating, the ABV is at approx. 8.2% kit says it should be 8.5 to 9%. I'm not concerned if i get it exactly within the kit perameters. tastes very strong and a little sweet. aftertaste is good. Thanks for the help!

10 days in fermentation. in 4 days the hydrometer reading has gone down from 1.020 1.018 OG was 1.080 according to the directions after caclulating, the ABV is at approx. 8.2% kit says it should be 8.5 to 9%. I'm not concerned if i get it exactly within the kit perameters. tastes very strong and a little sweet. aftertaste is good. Thanks for the help!

If it tastes sweet I would assume there is still some fermentable sugars left in the mix. Patience is always the key with brewing as I have found out so I would leave it be until the FG stabilizes.

Good luck and let us know how it goes!

Just brewed a tripel from brewers best but added a vial of Belgian ale yeast in addition to the Nottingham and the airlock is bubbling 45 minutes after pitching. Wow

Sounds like your tripel is well on it's way. Mine turned out great. Everyone that tried it wanted more. Enjoy!

i made this a month ago and its all gone already...i gonna make 2 batches next week and bottle one and keg the other. im gonna share )

I've had this stuff blow an airlock and the top of a bucket off....I went to using tube to a pitcher of water...it's a massive mess if it blows...the ceiling in my kitchen will have to be re-painted. The wifey was pissed :)

I've had this stuff blow an airlock and the top of a bucket off....I went to using tube to a pitcher of water...it's a massive mess if it blows...the ceiling in my kitchen will have to be re-painted. The wifey was pissed :)

This was my first brew and had the airlock blow twice! Luckily, I was fermenting -in a spare bedroom closet so the mess was contained! Set up a blow-by hose and all was good. I will be scraping the popcorn ceiling and repainting!

Back