Breweries near Surrey (BC)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RainyDay

Reaction score
Going to be in Surrey soon, and wanted to see if anyone had first hand recommendations (or warnings) about brewpubs in Surrey (Vancouver too I reckon). Looks like there are a few in both cities.

I'll just suggest walking through Surrey in a low crouch to avoid stray bullets. But the chicken vindaloo is excellent almost anywhere.

Oh, and The Steamworks Brewpub near the Waterfront Skytrain station in Van brews a fantastic selection of lagers, ales and stouts. Nice view of the harbor too.

I'll just suggest walking through Surrey in a low crouch to avoid stray bullets. But the chicken vindaloo is excellent almost anywhere.

Oh, and The Steamworks Brewpub near the Waterfront Skytrain station in Van brews a fantastic selection of lagers, ales and stouts. Nice view of the harbor too.

Steamworks is a great brewpup! Their signature pale ale is simply amazing! If you can make it out to there it would be well worth it!

I ended up going to Central City, Steamworks, and Big Ridge. Steamworks is massive, but Central City stole the show from a beer perspective. All in all, I was very impressed with the craft beer in the greater Vancouver area.

While Central City is my favorite brew pub in Metro Van, I recommend checking out The Alibi Room for a decent selection of BC craft beer. They often have specials on tap that aren't commercially available (e.g. collaboration beers, experimental beers)

Back