Breweries in LA and Boston

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thepicklebrewer

Reaction score
I have some business trips coming up and am looking for the best places to try beer, and the best beers to try at places. I will really only have time to go to 1 place in each city. At max I can hit two. I am thinking Monkish in LA or maybe Eagle Rock. In Boston I am thinking either Tree House or Trillium. Tree House will be a bit of a pain in the ass to get to, but I hear their beer is fantastic so it will be worth the hour drive. Trillium is much closer. I like pretty much all styles of beer, and am just looking to find the best of the best. If there are any others I should check out let me know.

In Boston, it depends where you are staying and what kind of transportation you have. Trillium has a new brewery in the Seaport District. Harpoon is there also. The pretzels at Harpoon are awesome. Democracy Brewing near the Boston Common is really good too. They also have good food. Sommerville and Cambridge have some good breweries too like Sommerville Brewing and Aeronaut. Night Shift I Everett is supposed to be really good. Outside of Boston, in Framingham is Jack's Abby and several others. If you have transportation and time, you could hit Treehouse in Charlton, Ma. It is about an hour away from downtown, but rated as one of the best in the country. Boston is not lacking in craft breweries. It all depends on where you are, how much time you have, and transportation.

Add. Went to Turtle Swamp in JP today. Their "Orange Line" is superb. Unfortunately I was an hour early and couldn't have a full pint, but I did take home a growler full.

Last edited:
Only been to the Seaport Trillium. Also like Cambridge Brewing, which is only a short walk from the Kendall Square T stop.

OP, where are you going to be and when? Some more information will help in tailoring the best breweries in Boston to visit.

An update for anyone who cares about la. I only had time for 2 places. I went to monkish and was disappointed. There was just no bright flavor there. The beers in my opinion were kind of average. I did go to smog city and a few of their beers were absolutely out of this world. They had a peach saison that they barrel aged and it was honestly one of the best beers I've had.

Back