Brewer in Jayhawk country--KANSAS!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

freudhawk

Reaction score
Hey all,

Started brewing in 2007 after doing some Mr. Beer brewing during grad school. Soon afterwards I got together with some friends and started a brew club: Salina Brewers Guild

Like most of you, this hobby has become a bit of an addiction, but it provides just the stress relief I need from work. I'm more of a brewer than a drinker so I always have plenty of beer sitting around. I love learning new ways to make my beer better and I love talking shop with others. So, if you're ever in the middle of Kansas give me a holler or stop by for a brew club meeting.

Rock Chalk Jayhawk!!

Welcome from down the road in Topeka!
Very nice website, BTW!

Cool. Thanks for the welcome and the kinds words about the site (we're still getting the kinks worked out). How's the homebrew community in Topeka. You guys have a brew club up there, right? Hall of Foamers or something?

That's right!! I'm dying for football to start.

A quick check of the Texas Tech football schedule (yep, I'm one of those Raider alumni) shows TTU does not play KU this year. Unless TTU and KU play in the conference championship game, feel free to go 14-0 this season. :D If the conference championship is TTU vs KU pigs will fly, I'll make a decent cider, and Armageddon is near. And you Kansans can go 13-1.

That's right!! I'm dying for football to start. But, at least brewing provides a nice distraction. You make it to any games?

I make it to most football games (I lived in Lawrence for about 10 years). This year not-so-much. My first child will be born in September, so I'm hoping to be lucky enough to sneak out for 1 or 2 games.

A quick check of the Texas Tech football schedule (yep, I'm one of those Raider alumni) shows TTU does not play KU this year. Unless TTU and KU play in the conference championship game, feel free to go 14-0 this season. :D If the conference championship is TTU vs KU pigs will fly, I'll make a decent cider, and Armageddon is near. And you Kansans can go 13-1.

HEY! Glad we're still in the same conference, at least for now. It's gonna be weird to not see two of the more interesting characters in the Big XII roaming the sidelines in Mangino and Leach.

I certainly hope your scenario plays out and I could handle losing to Tech in the championship. Of course, you'd have to send me some of your cider then! :mug:

I make it to most football games (I lived in Lawrence for about 10 years). This year not-so-much. My first child will be born in September, so I'm hoping to be lucky enough to sneak out for 1 or 2 games.

Congratulations! I hear you on kids and football games. We took our 8 month old to all the games in Lawrence last year and she loved it. She never cried once and got lots of compliments for being so good. So, while you might have to wait a season, give it a try. This year, she's so active it's gonna be more interesting!! Having a kid also makes brewing more difficult to fit in.

I am sorry for your loss. You can send me the same reply if UT kicks Tech, which may happen.

Back