BREWCAST on Friday

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The GRABASS crew had your webcast on live while we brewed. I must say though, your brewing system looked a little primitive. ;)

I tried to watch it and I could get on and see a picture but my internet kept loosing connection. Spent most of the time in a still shot.
Did it turn out well?

The GRABASS crew had your webcast on live while we brewed. I must say though, your brewing system looked a little primitive. ;)

Thanks, I apologie for not tuning in and saying hi to you, between my Dad and his friend I was busy trying to keep them out of trouble.

Thanks for the compliment.
How did yours turn out?

I tried to watch it and I could get on and see a picture but my internet kept loosing connection. Spent most of the time in a still shot.
Did it turn out well?

I dont know what the issue was, it seemed that there was a 5-8 minuted delay from what we were doing to what was being broadcast.

We made 11.5 gallons of Robust Porter, and had some issues. I tried to put hops in the pots without a hops sock, or using the BM hop contraption, and it immediately clogged the filter in the blichman pot.

So I wasnt able to chill the beer properly, through the counterflow chiller, add onto that, not being able to drain that much beer it made for a LONG beer session.
Oh well lesson learned, and that WONT happen again...LOL

As far as the beer, like I said we made 11.5 gallons of Porter, it should be about 6% in alcohol when its done, and my Eff was 82%

Not too bad.

Thanks for trying to check in.
Josh

I dont know what the issue was, it seemed that there was a 5-8 minuted delay from what we were doing to what was being broadcast.
No no no, the problem was on MY end. I had really bad internet speed all morning and could not watch anything or even open up a new tab without having time to go get something to drink while it loaded.

The porter sounds REALLY good.:mug:

Latest posts

Back