Brew Timer - Auber or App?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrewdyQuah

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Hello Folks....

I am building out a brew panel that I was intending on including an Auber JSL-73B (or similar) timer in, but they seem a bit inflexible and not the most user-friendly.

How many of you have found better alternatives? I found this iphone app that piqued my curiosity - Homebrew Timer

Ideally I'd find a multi-event based timer (hop additions, etc...) that is simple and easy to use. Curious to what you all use.... Thanks!

You should use the Auber DSPR-120 or DSPR-3xx series controllers instead of a PID and it has a built in timer. The timer is a nice extra feature but it's not the only reason to choose one of the above.

Now that I use BrewFather app, I use the batch timer on that.

Thanks Bobby! Honestly the Auber solution (or any of that ilk) just seem too rudimentary & inflexible. I'm more interested in your last comment re: BrewFather.

Sounds like BrewFather has a timer... and an IOS app. I'll have to check that out. You pretty happy with BF?

Another nice way to do a timer is with an Amazon Echo. Just say "Alexa, set an add hops timer for 50 minutes". Plus it can play music for you while you brew. I like my Auber Cube with the DSPR-320, but it won't play music, tell me the weather or news like the echo does.

Back