Brew Stand - wort plate chiller mounting

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grundysidemount

Reaction score
Hey everyone. I made my Wallace Weldless Brew stand today. Still have some work to do, but how are you all mounting your plate chiller to the angle iron

Attachments

• 20190624_155223.jpg
    20190624_155223.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 63
Anyway I can beef up the left 2 burners. It's a slow yellow flame unlike my other burner which is like a jet engine and blue. I'm worried the yellow flame will blacken the kettle.

Any ideas? It's a camp chef 2 burner that I cut the legs off and it fit perfectly into the beer stand

Something wrong with those burners. Perhaps getting too much fuel, not enough air?
Or not enough fuel? Clean the orifices.

to the original question....
Depends on the chiller orientation I suppose.
I have seen u-bolts slipped over the chiller and put thru the holes with a backing strap.
I have seen 90 degree brackets made and bolted to the angle iron. (Blichmann Therminator comes with such a bracket)
I actually saw one person "hang" theirs from the holes on a cross piece with bent steel that made a cradle.

Back