Brew stand help!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zhaufler

Reaction score
I have been brewing for about a year and a half, I have a pretty decent setup with a pump recirculating mash and all the stuff but I do not have a stand, and I am tired of moving everything around during brew day. I do not have any welding or DIY skills so that isn't an option. I know some people who weld but that will Probaly be expensive at well. I will Probaly just bite the bullet and spend a lot of money on it anyways but what do your guys stands looks like and where/ how much did you pay for them.
Cheers, Zac

An oops to my first post. Check out using threaded galvanized pipe for the basic frame of a brewing scuplture.

Do you have any space and $ requirements? Are you willing to learn DIY or do you just want to start brewing? You can get a git-er-done welder for $100 if you're inclined, or drop $2k on a ready-to-go unit.
http://www.brewstands.com/single-tier-homebrew-stands.html

I'm partial to single tier but for space reasons am planning to go to a 2-tier :(

Not any real money requirements but I wouldn't want to go over like $450
On the stand
I already have a few grand invested in brewing I would like a one tier system but I have my friends dad who welds and he is gonna call me soon but thanks for all the helpful responses!
Cheers,Zac

For that ball park price you'll have to build you own. But good thing on your friend, you should be able to trade welding for homebrew. If you're near a large city there will be a few industrial/metal suppliers and you can pick up mild steel for cheap. Strut and pipe are easier in that you can do w/o welding, but it'll cost more. And don't forget the 2x4 option, you can knock that out in a weekend with a trip to home depot.

Back