Brew stand gas manifold parts list! (I'm sure y'all have gotten this one before)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kasrkin

Reaction score
hey guys, I wanted to lay out a parts list that I'm using for the gas manifold on my brew stand, to make sure that I didn't have any glaring issues that you guys could see (you know, so I don't blow myself up etc)

so the plan thus far is:

- 1/2 Black iron pipes for the main plumbing of the manifold

to: 1/2 T sections

to this valve
4uNUZA8.jpg

to this fitting
H87rtG3.jpg

to this hose
QBah8l1.jpg

to my Blichman floor burners, that i have mounted on the stand
74fp8IM.jpg

I definitely would like some input on the fitting i should be running from the beginning of the black iron pipe to the regulator hose (from the blichmann floor burner) that I will connect to the propane tank

is there anything outstanding? any huge glaring errors that I should be worried about? Any and all input would be greatly greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you need a needle valve to adjust the flame or does the ball valve provide enough control?

I'm assuming I would need a needle valve honestly, i've seen it both ways, but i'm having a hard time finding a 1/2 needle valve that isn't prohibitively expensive :-/

I guess I could do a reducer on either side of the valve?

Propane or Natural Gas? If propane, the ball valve works just fine for a shut off and you can use it to adjust flame. The ball valve doesn't offer great control, you can just use the regulator that came with your burner.

I run a 30psi regulator from my propane tank into my 1/2" manifold (2 burners). I use ball valves for shut offs because I don't always run both burners at the same time, and use my regulator for fine control.

You'll need some adapter to go from 1/2 yellow line to what is probably 3/8 on the burner. Not sure what that is though.

Todd

Back