Brew pot advice

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am looking for a brew pot also. I tried one from Walmart, 22qt stainless with a triple-layer bottom, but it was too small; my 5 gallon batch only had a couple inches at the top, and if it had been a really good rolling boil, I'm sure I would have lost quite a bit in messy boilovers.

So while I'm browsing, I was wondering if anyone had any advice regarding wide vs. tall pots. I am leaning towards a wider pot in the 32-36 qt range so I don't need to crane my neck to see inside on the stove. Is there any reason to prefer one over the other? Will the extra surface area from a wider pot make a significant difference?

Thanks for all the information. It has helped me settle one of the larger questions -- how large a pot. I have to admit I was already tempted by the Blichmann pots and wanted to make certain is was a good value.

I will be trying to talk SWMBO into a Blichmann 15 gal pot. Wish me luck :)

Mik

So its been awhile..... did it go that bad with mama?? :D

Latest posts

Back