Brew on premise kettles

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

keith6292

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

what type of kettle would you recommend for a "brew on premise" location. I would like a system that is simple, safe, yet still gives you that feeling of being a "brew master".

anyone have any thoughts?

Hi everyone,

what type of kettle would you recommend for a "brew on premise" location. I would like a system that is simple, safe, yet still gives you that feeling of being a "brew master".

anyone have any thoughts?

Do you mean like a traveling brew system?
I have taken my gear (although it was for extract) to a friends house
I just took my regular setup. 6gal kettle and propane burner. Setup in their backyard and got busy.

Are you looking at taking something TO a BOP, or are you setting one up?

If you're setting one up, and you want to give an authentic "brewmaster" feel, I'd go with 1/2 or 1 bbl turnkey pilot system (or two or three if the demand is there). There are the Grainfather and BIAB type models, as well as RIMS/HERMS ones. Blichmann, Spike, and SS Brewtech all have models in the range. There are also more commercial-oriented companies like Stout that kind of specialize in pilot systems.

That'll be on the pricier side though. But there's also a massive influx of cheap Chinese turnkey options.

Most BOP places use extract though (and could charge an upcharge to hand you a braided cooler mash tun), which makes it a lot simpler but really takes away the "brewmaster" feel you want.

Could also have larger collective hot liquor tank, a single fancier mash system and multiple kettles. Would allow for multiple batches at time, especially if most are extract.

I will say though, I haven't seen a BOP place survive too long, at least not without being something else first (homebrew shop plus BOP, commercial brewery plus BOP, etc).

Do you mean a system where you bring it someplace, or a system where people come to your place and rent your equipment?

I can see a LHBS possibility of having a BOP setup provided the renter used ingredients from the LHBS.

Back