Brew Masters on Discovery w/ Sam Calagione

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I see we had another mod edit thread merge....lol

Guess what.....My GF REALLY wants to watch the premeir of the new american version of Top Gear which is on at the same time....I told her it's NOT going to be as good as the British one...but she wants to see for herself.....

When the brewmaster said 2 billion yeast cells I thought "that's it?" I spend way to much time thinking about beer.

He could have just made it into a contest for a tour of the brewery like Willy Wonka did for the Chocolate Factory. You know his customers are beer geeks, noone who drinks DFH slugs it out of the bottle, so it's not like we'd swallow it. :D

He should just provide a round trip flight, hotel accomodations, tour of the brewery, yadda yadda if anyone finds it and turns it it.

Got the DVR rollin' so I can get up at the butt-crack of dawn. Yawn:drunk:
Plan to watch this on Friday with a 22oz bottle of St. Bernardus 12. :rockin:

I have it DVR'ing. I'm at work right now. I'll jump in once I watch it. I'm not a huge Calagione fan either, and I forsee myself being turned off by a love-fest of Dogfishead. We'll see how it goes...

@ Revvy, I just read your "Help with a special Brew" and just wanted to say "I wish you the best and good luck with getting better." Stay positive and you and your family are in my prayers.

He could have just made it into a contest for a tour of the brewery like Willy Wonka did for the Chocolate Factory. You know his customers are beer geeks, noone who drinks DFH slugs it out of the bottle, so it's not like we'd swallow it. :D

He should just provide a round trip flight, hotel accomodations, tour of the brewery, yadda yadda if anyone finds it and turns it it.

lol.. I was thinking the same thing, only I was thinking of them offering a reward... the willy wonka thing is brilliant.. bravo sir!:mug:

Damn he just slams that keg in the back of his truck, eh? No chilling it for 2 days and letting it settle or anything? Must be filtered.

Thanks Dakota!

YA, NO Kidding! just throw it in the back and drive an hour! potholes and all! :rockin:

So, it's a Dogfish informercial.

Who cares?

Sam is personable and cool. It's entertaining.

It gets the masses into the coolness of brewing.

I like it.

:D

why are they are bleeping out some of the "bitches" and not others?

I guess if you say it with the word Brew after it it is ok, but if it's Bitches solo, then it's a no no, despite the fact that they are not talking about women, but the beer....Just like we can say cockatoo and cocktail...

Who knows.

I personally think it's been a good show thusfar.

I was worried about too much BMC bashing, or too much Dogfish Head gloating. I think they've largely avoided either.

It's fun to see a show on Discovery about a hobby that I'm pretty passionate about :mug:

Latest posts

Back