Brew heaters

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jinksy

Reaction score
Hi
I have just bought a thermostatic heater to go inside my fermenting bucket as I am planning to brew my lager in the shed and it's pretty cold on a night.
My question is.... Will this work ok??

Cheers:mug:

I think most people put the aquarium heater in a large bucket/tub and then put the fermenter in that. So, you heat the fermenting wort/beer indirectly.

Two advantages: #1 - Sanitation, #2 - The large volume of water will slow the fluctuation in temperature.

I think most people put the aquarium heater in a large bucket/tub and then put the fermenter in that. So, you heat the fermenting wort/beer indirectly.

Two advantages: #1 - Sanitation, #2 - The large volume of water will slow the fluctuation in temperature.

This. You can get a plastic tub at Wally World for maybe five bucks. Works great.

Ok So i am to put the fermenting lager bucket inside another bucket with the heater in it??

Put your fermenter in something like this:

0409bk.06_small.jpg

Put water in the tub with the aquarium heater.

Ok thanks, so what is the reason behind this? Why not just put it in the fermenting bucket with the brew? Can u tell I am new at this ha😄. Thanks for your Info

M1k3 pretty much nailed the answer to that for you in the second post. More sanitary and less temperature fluctuation.

Back