Brew day :)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LostBavarianMan

Reaction score
As the title says.
I made another Dopplebock Yesterday we are calling it Deadly Dopplebock.
It is going to be a rather big beer I am figuring between 8.7-9.1.
You know a nice session beer.LOL
Here is the recipe. And what I did.

6lbs Pale Pilsner at boil
3lbs pale pilsner at flameout
1.5 lbs 80L crystal malt
3.0lbs munich malt
0.5lbs Victory Malt
1.o Hallertaua hops at 60 min
1.o Tetanger hops at 10 min

2 gal mash
Mashed Crystal 80l ,Munich and Victory malts for 40 min at 150 degress
2 gal Sparged for 10min with 165 Degree water.
Added to boil 6 lbs of LME and Hallertaua hops.
Added 1 oz Tettanger hops at 10 minutes.
Flameout added 3 lbs LME.
Took 40 minutes to get wort to 90 degress.
Pitched 2 packets of Safeale-05 at 82 degress.

With in 5 hours I had active fermentation and this morning the fermentation is twice as active.
Room temp is steady at 73 degress and the fermenter is sitting right under an AC vent.
Set up with blow off tube. Woke up this morning to the dog growling at the tube. FUNNY.

Followed the sticky about the partial mash easy peasy lemon squeezy.
Brewing is addictive as hell now the wifey wants me to brew a small batch of something not so bitter not so hoppy and not so BIG.
Any ideas.

I put the gate up so he cant even get upstairs now. I thought that was funny as hell watching him growl at my blow off tube. Hmmm is this what they mean when they say growler?:p:D:mug:

How about something like an English pale ale? They're on the malty side. And not very hoppy at all. The 1st pale ale I made came out that way,& she's looking forward to brewing it herself. With me supervising,of course. That's the coolest thing ever in my brewing experiences so far.

English Pale Ale hmmm sounds like that may be a plan What is the ABV normally for this type of brew? I have always been a German beer fan so Im not sure about the English stuff.

Back