Brew Brothers - Great LBHS

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BillyBeer

Reaction score
Anyone in the Portland, OR area do yourself a favor and go check them out. The website is pretty basic but it gets the job done: http://www.brewbrothers.biz/

The store front is nothing to look at but the prices are great! The service is exceptional as well. I was in a hurry yesterday do I called in my order to them when I was 20 min out and they had it waiting for me when I arrived.

I was very impressed with the experience. :rockin:

I'm a huge fan of BB, indeed. Their prices on grain (especially if you can swing for a bag) can't be beat in the area, and their selection is AMAZING. They carry more specialty grains than Steinbart's and Above The Rest, combined!

I did have a bit of a letdown last week when a particular Wyeast strain that I had pre-paid for on the website turned out to be not in stock upon arrival, but I know they'll make good on it. It doesn't change the fact that they've got the lowest prices in PDX. It's totally worth the drive for me (I'm in North Portland, so I just head over Germantown Road/Cornelius Pass).

Its not worth driving up there from Eugene just for the grains but when I'm in PDX area for something else I usually drop by and buy a bag or two and just get the specialties from my local LHBS. In fact I need to get more base grains so I need to find a reason to go up in Dec.

Mainbrew in Hillsboro just dropped grain prices. I wonder why?

Brew Brothers are having an effect on them in a big way would be my guess. There will be some growing pains with them but it's worth the effort. Jay, sons & wife actually care about the customers.

They have a note up on their site and their front door right now advising of an upcoming vacation so they can attend their son's Army Basic Training graduation. Be warned that they'll be closed December 15-20, reopening on the 21st.

I also noticed that they'll be open until 7PM on Christmas Eve.

Now back to your regularly scheduled LHBS praise thread.

What LHBS near albany? I know the Corvallis store lost my bulk grain to BB, almost half the price!

That'd be the one. I buy my specialty grains and small equipment there (stoppers, airlocks, etc). Bulk grain and dry yeast from brewbrothers, hops from hopsdirect. I have a general policy of supporting the most local store to me if they're within 10-20% - which the corvallis store is not.

It's unfortunate. They're (corvallis) supplied by brewcraft (steinbarts wholesale arm) and are gouged by them. They pass on the price gouging. I talked to Joel, the owner, about bulk grain and whether he could match the price at all - brewbrothers sells the grain cheaper than he pays.

Just thought I'd throw this in for Brew Brothers..
their shipping prices are great too, especially if you're in the Pacific NW.
I'm in the far western corner of MT and their shipping prices have been great.

Chiming in a little late but I cannot speak highly enough of Brew Brothers. Not only are their prices and selection great but they are the nicest group of down to earth people anywhere. Always the best in customer service when I go there.

I drive past two or three other LHBS's just to go to BB's.

I highly recommend any new brewers to visit them.

Sorry, I went a little overboard but this is just how I feel!

Back