Breaking Bad!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I figured since there is a Walking Dead thread I might as well start a thread for the best show on TV, Breaking Bad!

Is anyone else excited for this final season?

BB-S5B-Key-Art-398-v2.jpg

I watched seasons 1-4 on netflix recently. I then watched season 5 up through episode 8 on my laptop. I can't wait for the final 8!

I still remember the first 2 episodes and how "OMG F-NG AWESOME" they set up the entire series.

I was a huge fan of prison break (season 1 and about half of season 2). Then it got dumb, and I forced myself through the entire series. But, Breaking Bad, held my interest for every episode (despite maybe 1 or 2)!!!

"Ya Mr. White. Ya science."

Who knew the dooshy dad from Malcolm in the middle had it in him...

Love the show, cannot wait. It has generally maintained a high level season to season...unlike most shows.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just got my wife into it last week and I'm trying to get her to watch as many episodes as possible before the 11th.

I started watch at the end of season 3 I watch season 1-3 in one weekend when I first discovered it. This season is just going to be amazing (I Hope)

^ one of the best segments of that entire show.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dy_DASt7hDs

Who knew the dooshy dad from Malcolm in the middle had it in him...

Love the show, cannot wait. It has generally maintained a high level season to season...unlike most shows.

I could not agree with this more.

great premise, great writing, great characters, great acting, great overall arc from start to finish (Lost had most of the same, but really blew it with the overall arc, went 2 seasons too long and some of the acting was suspect)

IMO, one of the greatest TV series ever produced and Walter White one of the greatest characters

Besides Netflix, any place I can watch all the seasons. I don't have netflix, and want to get caught up.

I just got my wife into it last week and I'm trying to get her to watch as many episodes as possible before the 11th.

I started watch at the end of season 3 I watch season 1-3 in one weekend when I first discovered it. This season is just going to be amazing (I Hope)

^ one of the best segments of that entire show.

Got my wife into it back in March, she's caught up and can't wait, just like me. Epic show.

Ohhh man!!! Walter is gonna snap on this second half!!! I re-watched during the break (and between Game of Thrones) the entire series again up to the mid season. This finale is going to make me wig out to a bigger fanboy probably.

Walter really started pissing me off during the last several episodes. And it got me thinking: I don't remember a TV show before Breaking Bad that compelled me to root for the bad guys. Initially, WW was a good guy doing a bad thing for good (albeit misguided) reasons. We've watched him devolve into a true, evil criminal. All the while, Jesse has become a better man through it all. It truly is one of the most fascinating shows ever- never mind being well written and well acted.

We've watched him devolve into a true, evil criminal. All the while, Jesse has become a better man through it all. It truly is one of the most fascinating shows ever.

This. It's very well executed. They also do a really good job making you dislike Hank.

I kind of hope his stupid whore wife gets shot right in the face...

this....ugh...Ive had enough of her ****.

How do you guys think the series will end?

Jail, death, or other?

I kind of hope his stupid whore wife gets shot right in the face...

I told my wife to catch up just skip the Skylar parts, she's just a ***** and that's all she needs to know. :D

By the name of the first episode they make it sound like he's going to get killed, but I think he is going to walk off into the sunset and eventually die of cancer. I know one think I hope it doesn't just go black....

Hank looks pretty pissed here :)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSS8zz5IWgo][YOUTUBE]TSS8zz5IWgo[/YOUTUBE][/ame]

I am so excited. Things are gonna get crazy.

Apparently even though it warns that this part of the forum is not work safe and only people over 18 are allowed, it still censors swear words? Go figure...

Huge Fan (look at my username!)

I was watching a Seinfeld re-run the other night, and noticed the Dentist, Watley, was a young Walter White!

Meh, I absolutely loved the pilot episode, but after that I slowly lost interest. I think I stopped watching altogether after season 3. Brian Cranston is undoubtedly a great actor and fun to watch, but some of the plot lines really drag.

A whole episode about Walter chasing a fly around the lab? WTF??

I also find all the Skylar hate amusing. Yeah, she's annoying and b!tchy and no fun to watch, but that's kind of Walter's fault... he is the one that is running a freaking meth-lab, and dragging his entire family into all kinds of unsavory **** and constantly putting them all in mortal danger.

Love the show. I worked with the sound engineers a couple of months back to do audio recordings of my car to be dubbed in for Walter's car. In the show Walter now has a new Chrysler 300 SRT8 (392CI/6.4L Hemi), but they wanted to kick up the audio a notch. Since my SRT8 is now supercharged and has a great sounding exhaust, we spent an afternoon doing low speed, high speed, swearving and all kinds of other maneuvers. With the exception of the first episode of the new season (it was edited last year), anytime you hear audio of Walter's car, it was me. I got to see several clips of the new season so that I could recreate the audio for it. I had 8 mic's on the car and another 3 sound guys in the road recording. It was a fun way to spend an afternoon!

img_9515e.jpg

Watched the first episode last year on netflix and turned it off after 10minutes, went back the next day with brew in hand and started it up again thinking "this show cant be that bad"...

Me and SWMBO watched the first 5 seasons in a week...One of the best shows ive seen in a while. Watching how he went from the innocent laid back chemistry teacher to a monster of mayham and detruction is insane!! The show gives you such adrenaline as if you wee right there cooking meth with walk.

LOVE IT!

BTW, anyone hear about mables brewings "heisenberg dark" collab there doing with AMC?
Trying to scoop up a growler since what im hearing is marbles limiteds are usually draught only.

Cheers!

As addicting as....homebrewing? I swear sometimes when I'm making my starter with the flask I feel like Heisenberg.

Oh...that's far less exciting. Im new to netflix, so while I didnt expect the new season to be available(and early taboot)...I didnt know enough to know it wouldnt be.

"If you don't know who you are dealing with, I would suggest you tread lightly."

Oh, what an epic scene.

(Or something like that, I've had a few not so homebrews)

Latest posts

Back