bread yeast

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SteveM said:
TH - which is it?

Four ounces or two? If it was four, that might have something to do with the bitterness.

All in all it sounds like a better outcome than anyone would have expected, but as was noted, it is still pretty young.

good point. i think it was four. might have been three. not sure if it was two.

guess i need to start keeping better records.

tockeyhockey said:
good point. i think it was four. might have been three. not sure if it was two.

guess i need to start keeping better records.

Yeah, I didn't on my first couple batches and have regretted it ever since. It goes against my nature, but it's really not that much trouble and it's pretty cool to flip back through your notebook and look at the beers that have been.

Plus when you keep notes you can answer the questions that the people on this board who are trying to help you ask.

wonderbrau is done carbonating at this point and i tasted one last night. it isn't bad at all. i think it's too hoppy, but that's my fault, no the yeast's fault.

as far as off flavors from the bread yeast, i don't detect any yet. as the beer matures, i'll see what happens. but so far so good.

Just as a sidebar, if you screw up a beer, but it's still drinkable(?), don't dump it, or not all of it, unless you need the bottles. As someone who loves to grill, beer makes a great base to marinate in. Even a borderline beer, with herbs and spices will make a piece of meat tastier on the grill.

tockeyhockey said:
wonderbrau is done carbonating at this point and i tasted one last night. it isn't bad at all. i think it's too hoppy, but that's my fault, no the yeast's fault.

as far as off flavors from the bread yeast, i don't detect any yet. as the beer matures, i'll see what happens. but so far so good.

Thanks for the update - this is a great story! You will never forget your WonderBrau!

Back