Brand new homebrewer. This is awesome!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

firebirdude

Reaction score
Just got a Mr Beer kit for Christmas. I've been doing a lot of reading online, but frankly, a lot of the Wikis/stickies are still over my head. I'll post up questions as I have them I guess. And I'll probably make a couple/few batches in the Mr Beer kit before I advance onto anything more. Just until I learn more about this hobby.

Any recommendations on Mr Beer refill kits? I prefer darker beers generally. I don't really care for most of the common American beers (Budweiser, Miller, etc). Yuengling and Shocktop/Blue Moon are a couple of American beers I like. As for imports, I love me some Guinness!

I can't speak to Mr. Beer kits specifically, but I would say try any kits that sound good to you right now. And in the mean time, read more about basic brewing (i.e How to Brew - By John Palmer). If you like the process of your Mr. Beer, look at some of the intro kits from More Beer, Midwest, Austin Homebrew Supply, etc. and dive in. It's a great hobby on any level and I want to welcome you to the community. Belgian witbiers (e.g. Shocktop/Blue Moon) as well as stouts are great beers for beginners.

Back