Brand new home brewer in Ohio

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gaurhoth

Reaction score
Name is Bill and I am just starting out with my first batch of a Belgian IPA fermenting in the basement.

The comical part is that I didn't really care for beer a year ago. I drank whiskey and ciders for the most part, but lately... After trying a few really good recommended beers, my taste buds are exploding and digging it.

I am very lucky to have an awesome home brew shop 5 minutes away from my house. The owner sat patiently with me and explained everything I would need and then sat even more patiently while I panicked when it seemed the fermentation happened a bit too quick and gave me some good advice what to do now and what to do in the future... And most importantly to not worry about it.

Already planning to purchase a few more primary fermentation containers... One batch going is just not enough!

I agree, I had one batch going and could not wait to get another one in the kettle. Just not enough room to expand much yet. So I have to settle for one batch in bottles and another in the bucket. Good Brewing!

I've been brewing extracts and ciders for about a year and a half now and I've got the bug. I love brewing and can't get enough of it. I have NO desire to do all grain yet (never have that much time to kill) I've done about twenty 5 gallon batches of beer and about eight 5 gallon batches of cider. So far, not a bad batch in the mix (knock on wood). Right now I have:

5 gallons of Belgium double in keg
5 gallons cider in keg
3 gallons of an amber ale in keg
4 gallons Dunkelweisen in keg
5 gallons American nut brown ale in fermenter
6 gallons cider in fermenter
5 corked bottles of Belgian triple and
24 bottles of Imperial Blonde Ale

Geez, when I type it out like that it looks like a lot. I only have a beer or maybe two a few nights a week. Maybe I need to take a break from brewing...... Naaaa. I still have empty bottles.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Heh, yea I suspect I will never be able to drink the amount of beer I want to actually brew. I guess I need to make more friends so I can give it away :)

Back