boulevard chocolate ale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrkrausen

Reaction score
I was just wondering how many of you Missouri (kc) area brewers had planned on trying boulevard's chocolate ale releasing today? I sampled some yesterday and really liked it. I have one reserved and am considering picking up one or two more.

I didn't realize they were coming out with one. I love stout. I love their wheat beer. There stout is good but the local micro brew has an oatmeal stout that is my favorite so far, so I never drink it. Have you had Moose Drool. I love that. If so is it comparable?

Went by 5 different places yesterday and all were sold out. Boulevard put out a public apology for not anticipating sales. Kind of sucks for us who would like to try it and have been buying their stuff forever. Oh well, maybe next time.

I tried a few places yesterday but they all sold out in minutes. Two years in a row and I haven't had the opportunity to try it. I figured one of these years the hype will be over and people will stop hoarding all the supply. I'm not paying $20 a bottle either though so I don't really care if I get to try some or not. Over hyped in my opinion.

I tried a few places yesterday but they all sold out in minutes. Two years in a row and I haven't had the opportunity to try it. I figured one of these years the hype will be over and people will stop hoarding all the supply. I'm not paying $20 a bottle either though so I don't really care if I get to try some or not. Over hyped in my opinion.

I agree that it is over-hyped. I did get a bottle last year. It was good and different but definitely not great. I heard they changed it this year by adding more chocolate. $20 a bottle? One of my buddies ended up with 4 yesterday somehow, said he paid $41 for all 4 bottles. Still would have like to try it.

Yeah I do agree that it's been overhyped as well. But I did enjoy the sample that I had and wanted to get a bottle or two. I wasn't going to go racing out to get it like it was a black friday deal though (like I saw on the news). Mitchcl640, no I have not had Moose Drool but I'll give it a try. I've heard that name several times so it peaks my interest. We'll see how it goes as far as getting some. Boulevard's website says that the last shipments will be out by Tuesday, February 7th. Here is the link. OpenContainer, I haevn't read anything about the range of distribution so I can't give you anything definitive, sorry.

Saints and Johnny's here in JoCo have it on tap as well. I had a few on tap yesterday, it was pretty tasty, it's an interesting (and better) twist on a chocolate ale than those I have sampled in the past IMO.

I like how there is no roasted malts used and no caramel malts in it, really made the chocolate standout as the star of the ale. It was pretty damn good. Head out and get it on tap while it is still around.

Saints and Johnny's here in JoCo have it on tap as well. I had a few on tap yesterday, it was pretty tasty, it's an interesting (and better) twist on a chocolate ale than those I have sampled in the past IMO.

I like how there is no roasted malts used and no caramel malts in it, really made the chocolate standout as the star of the ale. It was pretty damn good. Head out and get it on tap while it is still around.

Sweet. I work by Johnny's. I'll have to head over there tomorrow and hope they still have some.

Back