Bought Kit 4 years ago Finally going to Brew

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chigins

Reaction score
As the title says I bought my kit about 4 years ago from a guy at work for 25 bucks. He had never used it and apparently never even opened it. When I opened it 2 days ago it still had the packing peanuts in it.

Anyway I am going to brew for the first time at my Buddy's house next Tuesday then we are going to brew at my house the following Tuesday.

I hope to visit here often and will report back with the outcome of the first Brew.

Chuck

At the very least, I think the yeast should be 'proofed'. It's gotta be past its expiration date. The hops won't be great, either, but probably still useable.

Sorry I meant the Brew Kit i.e. bucket, hose, airlock etc.... is what I bought 4 years ago.

I am buying the ingredients kit to make the beer over the weekend.

I will learn to spalin myself better over time.

:)

Cheers....remember to sanitize, sanitize, sanitize! 2 capfuls iodophor in 5gal water is a great rinse-free sanitizer.

Any ideas on what you'll make for the first brew?

I expect I am going to brew an amber ale due to the fact that I live in an apartment with a heat problem (too hot all the time). Something really hopi prefferably. If any of you have heard of Blue Point Brewing Co. they make a beer called Hoptical Illusion. Has to be my favorite beer of all time. 2nd favorite beer Hammerhead Ale from McMinniman's Brew Pub in Portland OR.

I am currently working on a temp control solution for my fermenter.

Chuck

Latest posts

Back