Bottom came off keg

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bumstigedy

Reaction score
The bottom came off one of my kegs. Any ideas how to repair this? Has this happened to anyone else? Can anyone recommend an adhesive to use? It looks there is some residual adhesive left on the rubber part. Any idea what to use to remove that before I apply new adhesive.

Thanks!

broke keg.JPG

Gorilla glue needs at least one porous surface if I recall correctly. There is a new construction adhesive that is made to glue almost anything to anything else. I forget the name. It comes in a caulk tube and will be a lot more than you need though.

GE Silicone caulk would hold it and comes in squeeze tubes. There are marine 100% silicone adhesives also. You could get them at any hardware store, HD, Lowes, Menards etc.

I tried gorilla glue this weekend. Seems to be holding. If it comes off again I'll try caulk or the construction adhesive. I did put waaaay too much gorilla glue in and had a big mess.

Back