Bottling with Negra Modelo bottles

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yodalegomaster

Reaction score
I have never seen Negra Model bottles, What's it like to bottle with them ? I understand using Corona bottles; They are more difficult to use but I seem to be able to do it successfully. Are the Negra Model and corona the same types of bottle tops?

I have a wing capper and don't experience any troubles or difficulties using these bottles.

Hmm I haven't bottled in a while (kegging ftw!) but as I recall, my NM bottles were a little tricky to cap. Like the size of the lip wasn't exactly the right size. I remember chucking all my NM bottles for fear that they wouldn't seal and I'd have flat beer.

Yeah I have had issues with those bottles, too. Both Negra Modelo and Bohemia bottles sometimes get mixed in with my other bottles, and then I have to cull them out because they don't quite fit correctly.

Never had a problem with NM bottles and have at least a case of them buried somewhere amongst the brew equipment

The wing capper sometimes doesn't get them sealed just right, but a bench style capper will work. I just recycle them now because the foil is a B**** to get off. Save yourself the time and just get some regular bottles like Sam Adams or New Belgium bottles as the lables come right off, and are easy to cap.

Back