Bottling with 750's

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

noodledancer77

Reaction score
I have read a few different posts involving bottling beer in Belgians and Champagne bottles and got some good information. However, my question is a bit different.

I have a few bottles from the Boulevard Smokestack Series that I'd like to reuse. They came with Belgian corks and cages. After drinking part of a bottle and being ready for bed i got the idea to use my wine corker to put a wine cork in the bottle to preserve it until breakfast the next day. it was tough, but the dry cork went into the bottle successfully.

I have multiple questions. Can I use the corker I have to put Belgian/Champagne corks in the bottles? Here's a link to the style corker I have.
http://daveshomebrewgourmet.com/index.php?p=product&id=298

I've read a post where a guy used wine corks and then sealed with wax and did not have a problem with the cork blowing out. Many others suggested this was a bad idea.

Anybody have any ideas how to reuse these bottles on the cheap? i'm gonna try corking a few with wine corks and seal with wax and store them in an enclosed space so no one will get hurt when the cork flies out.

Thanks

Back