Bottling time?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HopeBrew

Reaction score
Hey HBT'ers! Looking for some input on my latest brew. Bottled a small batch of American Pale Ale this past Sunday. Finished at 1.020. Was wondering how long you would leave it alone before cracking one. Keep in mind, I only have a little more than a 12 pack, and it has been in my basement at around 60 degrees. Thanks for any input!!

IMHO I would not pop a top before 3 weeks expire. If you had a full batch you could start after 2 but the longer the better for conditioning

IMHO I would not pop a top before 3 weeks expire. If you had a full batch you could start after 2 but the longer the better for conditioning
Thanks! I'll leave 'em alone for another couple weeks. Should I bring them upstairs to get the yeast going a bit? It's pretty chilly downstairs:)

I used to love having a basement. I had one room down there that stayed 63 year round. It may move the process along a little faster to bring them into a warmed setting but again In my opinion you can leave them where they are. They yeast will still do its job at 60 degrees.

Yeah, it's definitely a plus having a basement, though it does get pretty warm come summer time. But i have a rather large beer fridge I can use for conditioning too. Thanks for the input, I think I may bring a few bottles upstairs and maybe pop one in another week. I'll let you know how it goes!

Back