Bottling this afternoon, have a quick question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Schuey102000

Reaction score
I'm planning on bottling a Honey Ale this afternoon that is currently in a secondary. I also have an IPA that is ready to be transfered to another secondary.

Is it necesarry for me to wash and resanitize in between these two jobs. I was planning on syphoning the IPA into the secondary, then moving straight to bottling. Everything will be sanitized right before I do both.

Sorry if this has been posted before, I wasn't quite sure what search terms to use for this question.

Thanks.

I'm planning on bottling a Honey Ale this afternoon that is currently in a secondary. I also have an IPA that is ready to be transfered to another secondary.

Is it necesarry for me to wash and resanitize in between these two jobs. I was planning on syphoning the IPA into the secondary, then moving straight to bottling. Everything will be sanitized right before I do both.

Sorry if this has been posted before, I wasn't quite sure what search terms to use for this question.

Thanks.

if i'm doing something like that, i wash and sanitize everything in between.

I haven't done that yet, only have one batch bottled so far. But it seems like it would be a good idea to sanitize in between on the off chance that you transfer contamination from one batch to the other. It might not matter that much, but I'd rather spend a few extra minutes cleaning/sanitizing than have a batch of beer not turn out.

I haven't done that yet, only have one batch bottled so far. But it seems like it would be a good idea to sanitize in between on the off chance that you transfer contamination from one batch to the other. It might not matter that much, but I'd rather spend a few extra minutes cleaning/sanitizing than have a batch of beer not turn out.

Good point, thanks for all the input.

Latest posts

Back