Bottling Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NewGuyStyle

Reaction score
Hey guys. Pretty new here but a friend recommended it since he says this is where the experts chat. So Here I am

So the question I had is probably super easy, but a novice like me.....well
I buy bulk liquor and the bottles it comes in are big. Too big to store where I want. I have bought some glass wine bottles to store them into for a long amount of time....Lets say years and years

So cap wise. Would it be better to go with metal screw cap? Or do I have to worry about rust? A usual wine cork? or will it degrade in the hard liquor fumes? Any other options? or would those two be fine for a long time storage?

Oh and the liquor is Whiskey,Vodka,Gin,tequila and Rum mainly

Thanks for the help,fellas

Probably either screw tops or corks will be fine... Plenty of commercial examples with both...

I know that german styles schnapps (the fruit brandy not the not sickly sweet US style schnapps) is often bottled with corks
and those are often aged for a few years.

And I've seen vodkas with metal screw tops...

Try both and compare...

Probably either screw tops or corks will be fine... Plenty of commercial examples with both...

I know that german styles schnapps (the fruit brandy not the not sickly sweet US style schnapps) is often bottled with corks
and those are often aged for a few years.

And I've seen vodkas with metal screw tops...

Try both and compare...
Thanks man. I figured the metal ones would be fine. Just wanted a few other opinions...not sure why I fear for rust. Worry wort I guess lol.

Back