Bottling Lagers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ssf4444

Reaction score
I've done quite a few lagers before, but I keg most of my beer.
I brewed a Doppelbock yesterday and seeing as how this is a beer that i am going to age for a long time, I don't want to tie up a keg for six months plus my lager room (an old root cellar underneath my garage) isnt going to stay in the 30s forever I figure i'll bottle this batch.
My question is, how do I bottle condition a lager? After bottling do I leave them set at room temperature for two weeks (or until carbonated) and then put them in the fridge for X amount of months, or do I let them sit at its original fermentation temperature until carbonated, then move them to the fridge and let them lager/age?

i may be wrong here .. but once the lagering process is done temperature doesn't really matter anymore. prime and bottle as normal and let sit at room temp.

i may be wrong here .. but once the lagering process is done temperature doesn't really matter anymore. prime and bottle as normal and let sit at room temp.

I tend to agree with that. After lagering usually at 34F, I'll prime, bottle and leave at ambient temps which for me is about 68F.

Latest posts

Back