Bottling infected berliner

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bizoneill

B33R IS G00D
Reaction score
So I sour mashed a berliner back in June and it got infected with brett i believe after not properly sanitizing equipment. I threw half in a keg and half in another fermentor with blackberries. I want to try to bottle this up and see what i get. I also want to try to blend it with some juice. Does anyone know if i can just blend with the juice to carb or should i add some sugars too?

Does anyone know if i can just blend with the juice to carb or should i add some sugars too?
yes, you can bottle prime with juice. trick is to figure out how much sugar is contained in the juice, and then add enough juice to carbonate but not over-carbonate. hopefully the label on the bottle/can/etc of juice has the sugar content info you need. with that and a priming calculator you should be good to go.

yes, you can bottle prime with juice. trick is to figure out how much sugar is contained in the juice, and then add enough juice to carbonate but not over-carbonate. hopefully the label on the bottle/can/etc of juice has the sugar content info you need. with that and a priming calculator you should be good to go.

Thanks!

Brett is delicious in a Berliner. It is way more common to get a pediococcus infection in a Berliner, which is the one that makes the beer taste like a diaper.

It is way more common to get a pediococcus infection in a Berliner, which is the one that makes the beer taste like a diaper.
usually enterobacter is the one that makes diaper, vomit, etc smell.

i've never heard of pedio making any odors. it makes the beer "sick" and "ropey", but i haven't heard of any associated smells.

Latest posts

Back