Bottling from Keg Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jdauria

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Am I correct that if I will be sharing a bottle of beer that I fill from a keg the same day, then as long as bottle is clean I don't need to sanitize it too? Not that I don't usually sanitize, just will be in a hurry tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Am I correct that if I will be sharing a bottle of beer that I fill from a keg the same day, then as long as bottle is clean I don't need to sanitize it too? Not that I don't usually sanitize, just will be in a hurry tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Sure. If it's as clean as the glass you will drink out of.

Adam Selene

I rarely sanitize bottles I fill from a keg, unless I am planning to keep it for months. Breweries don't sanitize the growlers I bring in to fill, what's the difference?

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

it likely took you longer to log on to HBT and post this then it will to sanitize a bottle or two. i sanitize all the bottles and growlers. this way if for some reason i don't drink it, i can just toss it in the fridge. no need to worry about anything.

I keep a spray bottle of Star San made with distilled water on hand to quickly sanitize bottles/growlers on the fly. Couple squirts and a quick swirl and you're good to go

it likely took you longer to log on to HBT and post this then it will to sanitize a bottle or two. i sanitize all the bottles and growlers. this way if for some reason i don't drink it, i can just toss it in the fridge. no need to worry about anything.

Lol! You are probably right, though I was at work when I posted the question. Normally I would sanitize, but had to cook dinner when I got home and then run out to a new homebrew club meeting, so was looking for shortcut!

Back