Bottling from fermenter

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hedley

Reaction score
Hi Brewers,

I am looking to bottle my first brew next weekend. It will have been in the primary fermentor for three weeks by then. I was thinking of just siphoning straight into bottles using a racking cane, and putting one PrimeTab into each 500ml bottle.

I have heard that it can be good to rack the beer into a secondary fermentor/bottling bucket (and use sugar solution in that) but as I do not have that equipment yet, will I be okay without? I was thinking of just being careful not to siphon the trub out.

Any pointers most appreciated!

Ross

There's quite a bit of info available on this bottle priming and batch priming too, but yes you'll be fine. Some of the fermenters have a spigot on them (like a bottling bucket has) that along with a bottle filler wand make this very easy. You put the primetab, or sugar cube(s), or otherwise a measured amount of sugar in first and then fill the bottle.

Latest posts

Back