Bottling after tapping?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

capparella

Reaction score
I was wondering if there are any secret tricks to bottling a beer to have it last if you have already tapped a keg of home brew? I tried it once before by just bottling it straight from the tap, but it went flat within 2 days.

I was wondering if there are any secret tricks to bottling a beer to have it last if you have already tapped a keg of home brew? I tried it once before by just bottling it straight from the tap, but it went flat within 2 days.

There is a sticky at the top of this forum that shows how to do this...https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f35/we-no-need-no-stinking-beer-gun-24678/
Not sure why you started two threads on this subject. Anyways, the sticky above is a proven method.

I use my picnic tap and plastic tubing from lowes. I brought my tap with me to find the right size tubing. You fit the tubing right inside the opening of the picnic tap.

Shut off the co2 to your keg and release the pressure release on the keg.
Turn the psi down to 1-2psi.
Make sure the plastic tubing its the bottom of the bottle and let it flow I let the beer pour over a little bit and cap immediately.

I have had beer last 6 months. Usually drink before I can see how long it lasts.

Let me know if you have any questions. Total cost is under $20. The plastic tubing was like $0.23 a ft.

Cheers.

Back