Bottling a Wee Heavy that been into fermentor for 4 weeks.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Garage12brewing

Reaction score
Hi everyone !

Just a quick question... I was about to bottle my Wee Heavy that been sitting into the primary conical fermentor for about 4 weeks now. ( want to do this sunday )

I had a carbonation problem last year with an Imperial Stout that stayed into a secondary for about 8 weeks. The bottle never carbonated and I had to put some yeast CBC-1 into the bottle.

With my Wee Heavy that been into the same fermentor for 4 weeks... should I add some yeast in my bottling bucket before I transfer or I should be ok ?

I used S-04 dry yeast for the fermentation and the OG was 1.090.I think the yeast is still healty because the complete fermentation was done in about 7 days.

Thanks !

1.090 is not that high for a wee heavy. I would imagine you could just bottle. I have done higher and didn't add any yeast at bottling. Time is not long either, I have gone several months, bottled without adding yeast and they carbonated just fine.

1.090 is not that high for a wee heavy. I would imagine you could just bottle. I have done higher and didn't add any yeast at bottling. Time is not long either, I have gone several months, bottled without adding yeast and they carbonated just fine.

Yeah it on the low side of a Wee Heavy... and high for a stong scotch ale but it should taste very good... thanks for your help.

Back