Bottles

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kb2kir

Reaction score
Hi,
New guy here.
I am using the Cooper's starter kit.
I am between batches, so I am low on bottles.
May I use 1 liter soda bottles ?
Seems they can handle the pressure as I've seen these things rock hard when shaken warm.
Joe

Everyone here is going to come up with different reasons why not too, but I say why not. If you don't mind the hole beer in plastic thing. That's just my opinion.

I was worried about the bottle's ability to withstand the pressure of in-bottle carbonation. It's only 3 qts or so, and I just can't bring myself to toss it down the drain... Thanks....
Joe

There's another thread on here about it I just read the other day. Word is that pop is carbonated at a higher pressure than beer so the bottles are built for it.

Thanks for the help.
Now I don't have to toss otherwise perfectly good beer down the tubes !
Joe

I would start your bottle hunt now though. Trust me, many bottles on hand makes the whole process move smoother.

I would start your bottle hunt now though. Trust me, many bottles on hand makes the whole process move smoother.

hehe, that's the exact reason i bought 4 cases of 12 oz bottles and save every bottle of sam adams, or any other beer that has reusable bottles.

hehe, that's the exact reason i bought 4 cases of 12 oz bottles and save every bottle of sam adams, or any other beer that has reusable bottles.

That's the route I'm taking, too. I have quite a collection brewing (Hah!). :)

But we ARE in the age of being "green" so why not recycle anywhere you can?

-Tripod

That's the route I'm taking, too. I have quite a collection brewing (Hah!). :)

But we ARE in the age of being "green" so why not recycle anywhere you can?

-Tripod

yeah after seeing all the bottle that pile up in my sink, I can only imagine all the bottles that get thrown out daily.

Thanks for the help.
Now I don't have to toss otherwise perfectly good beer down the tubes !
Joe
I'm quite sure you wouldn't have any problem getting friends and neighbors to come over on short notice to help you empty those bottles. I'm sure you could even talk one of them into bringing sustenance too.

Latest posts

Back