bottles

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sam Adams & Paulaner are the quickest to slip off in PBW solution. I like the Michelob pop top bottles with the ring at the base of the neck too. They remind me of the old fused neck bottles. Franziskaner is another one that delabels easily. The Kentuky borbon barrel ones are good too.

Warsteiner labels come off very easily but the bottles are 11.2 ounces the only downfall since a few more bottles to fill at bottling time

New Belgium, Odell's and Deschutes all come off very easy. I like the hop flowers molded into the glass on the Odell's bottles.

unionrdr said:
@tinhorn As are Paulaner bottles. But the Franziskaner's are 12oz. Go figure?...

Funny part is I didn't notice for many moons but its a reasonable beer at a reasonable price and the labels fall off on their own in a few hours in a cooler with oxy clean
It's my go to beer if the pipeline gets thin and the label removal is so easy I feel like its a two for one deal hah

Yeah man,I too was surprised the first time I soaked Paulaner,Franziskaner,& Sam Adams bottles in a bucket of PBW. 1 hour & done!

Any Sam Adams and Becks Sapphire work great. With Sapphire you get the extra benefit of really, really dark bottles too.

And, I like both beers. win/win

Yes I buy for the easy labels and the packaging, I like the fact that some actually use separators in the box my favs are anything from Widmer, Firestone and Long Hammer

The best bottles are green flash. While I don't know about the labels they are so solid and heavy theyre much nicer than mot bottles. Plus palate wrecker is delicious

DFH labels are the easiest to remove that I've found, however a two hour soak in oxyclean has removed any label I've thrown at it.

+1 for Dog Fish Head the easiest labels there are. I have soaked them in oxyclean for 20 min and they fell off on there own. Plus it is one of my favorite craft brewery's!!

I've never used oxiclean or anything else with these Widmer, Firestone and Long Hammer same with anything from Trader Joe's (bombers 22oz) hot water for 10 min and your golden

I see your 20min soak and raise you a 30second delable.

Highland brewing (North Carolina) has sticker labels. It takes a little force to remove them all in one piece. But there is no soaking. I just rinse the outside of any residual glue.

I thought there was one other company out there that used those stickers. I want to say Redhook (short stubby bottles), but I could be wrong.

I see your 20min soak and raise you a 30second delable.

Highland brewing (North Carolina) has sticker labels. It takes a little force to remove them all in one piece. But there is no soaking. I just rinse the outside of any residual glue.

I thought there was one other company out there that used those stickers. I want to say Redhook (short stubby bottles), but I could be wrong.

I see your 30 seconds and raise you 5 seconds..lol.. Guinness draught bottles. 1 slice down the side with a razor blade and the label comes right off :)

Back