Bottles didn't carb...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

binkman

Reaction score
I've got about 40 bottles of bitter in my basement that have been bottled for about 2.5 minths and they arent carbing up. I have a hunch that I didn't distribute the bottling sugar too well because one of the earlier bottles I tried (after 3 weeks) was very over-carbed.

Should I get used to the flat beer? What are my options short of dumping them all back in the bottling bucket and doing the whole thing over?

This IS a bitter, so my carbonation is meant to be low, but its absolutely flat.
:(

Have they been in the basement the whole time? What is the temp in the basement? Did you make a priming solution?

I'll have to check my notes for specifics on the priming solution. Used corn sugar corresponding to the level of carbonation suggested for a bitter.

They've been in the basement the whole time. Temp began there at about 68, it has risen steadily over the summer to about 74F now, ambient.

Uncap, drop in a coopers carb tablet and recap, 74 should be fine to carb em. Make sure to spray everything with starsan as you go to be safe.

Back