Bottled my first batch :) woohoo!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lazer1985

Reaction score
Well got my uncle to help my bottle my first batch today :) let it sit in the primary for 1 week and in the secondary for 2. I got 24-12oz bottles and 12-22oz bottles filled with a BB imperial blonde ale. OG 1.069 FG 1.014 7.21% abv!! Im so excited! it tasted awesome and I'm sure it'll only get better in a few weeks when its all carbed!! I only messed one thing up tho :( i haven't brewed another batch yet!!!!! i better get started soon cause i have a feeling this first batch is gonna go fast lol

Thanks to everyone on here. I couldn't have done it without you :mug:

Congrats! One piece of advice, skip the recommended fermentation schedule that comes with kits. Let the beer sit on the yeast 3~4 weeks and bottle from there. Cheers!

Congrats! One piece of advice, skip the recommended fermentation schedule that comes with kits. Let the beer sit on the yeast 3~4 weeks and bottle from there. Cheers!

+1 on 3-4 weeks in primary. This is one of the most important times in your young beer's life. Don't rush it. Most don't secondary unless dry hopping, adding fruits and such, or if it is a beer that they want to have extra time to clear up.

Get started on establishing that pipeline! You will love yourself for it.

+1 to the above and here's another piece of advice. Buy yourself another fermenter bucket so you can have 2 brews in the primary at once. It will help keep your pipeline going. Better yet is to buy more than one extra fermenter so you can have the fun of brewing on a regular basis and can more easily remember the steps to take from one brew day to the next.

Not to derail thread but I did something similiar as the OP. I transfered my Double wheat hefeweizen into the secondary after one week. Im thinking the best thing to do is just let it sit in the secondary for 2-3 weeks before bottling?

Not to derail thread but I did something similiar as the OP. I transfered my Double wheat hefeweizen into the secondary after one week. Im thinking the best thing to do is just let it sit in the secondary for 2-3 weeks before bottling?

AT LEAST.

I prefer bulk aging to bottle ageing, but either is fine.

And YES, brew something else for your father's sake!!!!

Congrats!

+1 on starting another batch and the good advice on bottling/fermenting containers.

I'm going to try to get a revolving schedule going combining bottling day and brew day.

Back