Bottled Mineral Water

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jaz5833

Reaction score
I can find little discussion on the use of bottled mineral water. A couple of people mentioned using it but did not detail the reason/benefits.

I saw some cheap Perrier in the .99 cent store and wondered if this or any other mineral water could be used to add some character to bottled water if this is what you use?

I know Perrier is carbonated but others are not.

Benefits?
Drawback?

I have used a mix of distilled water and spring/mineral water that i actually bought in bulk at the dollor store a few times before going to a full boil or when i wanted to alter the harder water that my well offers , realy i find the mineral spring water if great but mix it with some distilled just to keep it on a even keel unless you know what the brew your making style calls for and even then you have to have equip to mesure such things with , dnt forget to get a local water report on youre water at home usualy tap water if not only passed through reverse osmosis but filled with minerals during filtration!

Back