Bottled first batch yesterday...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

luniz7

Reaction score
And I tated some, it tasted watered down almost? I made a weizenbier with a lme kit. Is this normal?

In my (admittedly limited) experience, you should be getting the final flavor when you go to bottles, all you're adding is carbonation. The fact that it's not refrigerated should make you taste it even more. What was your OG/FG?

In my (admittedly limited) experience, you should be getting the final flavor when you go to bottles, all you're adding is carbonation. The fact that it's not refrigerated should make you taste it even more. What was your OG/FG?

Yea, about that, I forgot to take my fg :/ og was 1.06

A lot of people perceive the taste of uncarbonated beer to be watered down. The carbonation is an important part of the flavor profile of many beers. I wouldn't worry about it.

A lot of people perceive the taste of uncarbonated beer to be watered down. The carbonation is an important part of the flavor profile of many beers. I wouldn't worry about it.

Ok thanks. I guess I've never had a non carbonated beer before so....
Guess ill try one in 3 weeks and see what I've got

Like slowbie stated, flat beer is often perceived as "watered down." You'd be amazed at the difference in perceived flavor, richness and character once things get carbonated.

Back