Bottled 2nd batch Hoegaarden Recipe!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snowbeavers

Reaction score
I have just finished my 2nd batch of Wheat Beer (Hoegarden recipe) link here
and it looks and tastes great (I had to sample a bit while doing final SG readings). I'm really excited about it and everything went well without a big hitch. Now, the most frustrating part...the waiting game! I'm going to let it condition for 2 weeks or so. I've only got 6 big bottles left of my first batch to get me through the next couple of weeks.

My first batch was a Canadian blonde from Coopers (I got the Coopers kit) and turned out AMAZING! Really nice ale. I can't believe I haven't caught on to this homebrew stuff earlier!

Anyway, no questions really but thanks for reading my post.

i made a batch like this recently. i know exactly why you're so excited. that 3944 yeast is so amazing. you're about to have some awesome beer. congrats!

this past friday i took a crack at the BeerCaptured extract version of this using Wyeast Forbidden Fruit (3463). also expecting a long conditioning period before its good to go.

How long do you think I need to condition and at what temperature? I'm trying to keep it around 23-25 degrees but it is over 30 degrees here so difficult.

I keep mine more close to 19C (about 66F) but that's based on the interior temp of where I'm storing it. I'm thinking that with the warmer temp you're fermenting at, your yeast is going to produce some really interesting yeast flavors. As for length of fermenting before bottling or kegging, i think 3-4 weeks should be perfect and 2 in the bottle or keg. It's a quick beer and doesn't have a long shelf life so once it's ready work on making another one because it'll go quick

Back