Bottle Tree/ FastRack

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kswim612

Reaction score
As luck would have it I got an email from NB telling me about their newest promo while my girlfriend was asking what I want for Christmas. The promo is 20% off any bottle tree or FastRack drying rack. How often do you guys use these and do they come in handy when you are bottling? Which is better? Or do they both have pros and cons?

Oh yeah the code is "bottledryer" and you get a free auto siphon, also.

The bottling tree is worth every penny. I have no experience with the FastRack.

Be sure to get a Vinator Bottle Rinser as well.

I just got the fast rack. It is handy for empties. I rinse, squirt a little starsan then put on the rack. One rack 24 12 ouncers. I got 2 racks and tray. Down side, flip tops dont work with tray.

I have FastRack. I gave away my bottling tree. I like the FastRack better because it takes up far less room when you are not using it and none of the rack touches the inside of the bottle, unlike a bottling tree. As Brewtah mentioned, flip top won't work, that's the only downside I see.

I agree.. I like FastRack better.. takes less room and is great for storing the bottles as well. For flip top bottles.. which I have a lot of, I always remove the entire top and washer and sanitize separately. They get put back on the bottles on bottling day.

Hey Homebrewers:

FastRack Crew here - thanks for the feedback! If your only concerns with the FastRacks are the inability to accommodate larger bottles… fret no more! We have released a new version called FastRack Wine, which was designed for wine bottles and 22oz bomber bottles. The flip bottles work best in this version of the rack as well. One rack holds 12 bottles, but otherwise the system works exactly the same way! Check it out online below:

http://www.thefastrack.ca/main/fastrackwine

Happy FastRacking!!

Anyone know if the standard FastRack (24 bottle version) will work with the slightly chunkier Sierra Nevada style bottles? I know the long neck style doesn't have a problem, but I've standardized most of my bottles to the SN/Alaskan style bottles that are a little wider.

Ideally I'd like to be able to put all 24 on the rack, as they don't all fit in a milkcrate.

I have always used the bottle tree, but recently upgraded to fast racks. The fast racks are much more versatile. You can set them by the sink to drain empty bottles, use them to store empty bottles without taking up much space, and of course use them for bottling, where nothing touches the inside of your bottles. If you have neither, I would definitely recommend the fast racks.

Do the standard Fast Rack trays hold bombers or just the wine ones?

I always just rinse out the bottle after I drink it, sling out the water, and put it upside down into an empty beer box. Then when it's time to bottle, rinse out the bottles, put them on a bottle tree to dry. Then right before bottling, use a vinator to starsan the inside of the bottles. Rinsing out the bottles right after drinking them is key.

Do the standard Fast Rack trays hold bombers or just the wine ones?

A normal fast rack will hold 12 wine bottles if you offset them so I assume it will hold bombers as well. I see no reason to buy a wine specific fast rack unless you want to save a couple dollars or are doing a bunch of flip tops.

I always just rinse out the bottle after I drink it, sling out the water, and put it upside down into an empty beer box. Then when it's time to bottle, rinse out the bottles, put them on a bottle tree to dry. Then right before bottling, use a vinator to starsan the inside of the bottles. Rinsing out the bottles right after drinking them is key.

Doing a bit of research, happens to be on the pros and cons on these two products. I see these posts are older but I'd have to agree with this statement. I've always had the best luck rinsing bottles immediately after use if I plan on reusing them. Also it looks like ill be purchasing several racks and a tray.

Doing a bit of research, happens to be on the pros and cons on these two products. I see these posts are older but I'd have to agree with this statement. I've always had the best luck rinsing bottles immediately after use if I plan on reusing them. Also it looks like ill be purchasing several racks and a tray.

I've found that sometimes there will be a grainy looking residue on the inside of the bottles. Not sure if it's a bottle or brew issue. Regardless, I look through the bottle after rinsing to make sure I don't see any of this residue. If I do I just scrub it out with a bottle brush.

I use the large bottle fast rack. 650ml bottles and 750ml Belgians. Works great. Compact, stackable, and great for drying . Total recommendation.

I like the fast racks, after a UHT sanitation rise, and a star san rinse, I don't want anything but the sanitized bottling wand going in the bottles like a tree stand does.

I store my bottles in case cardboard boxes. On bottling day I use a vinator to sanitize and put them on the bottom rack of my dishwasher until filled. I looked at the tree and like it, don't need it. I looked at the racks, like them also, but don't need them. More $$ for ingredients for BEER!

I store my bottles in case cardboard boxes. On bottling day I use a vinator to sanitize and put them on the bottom rack of my dishwasher until filled. I looked at the tree and like it, don't need it. I looked at the racks, like them also, but don't need them. More $$ for ingredients for BEER!

Just about the same procedure here. Store bottles in cardboard cases. On bottling day, get out one at a time. Rinse with Star San on vinator. Leave it upside down on the vinator stem while filling the previous bottle - then set it to be filled, and start the process with another bottle out of the case. I'd probably get the fast rack if I had room, just for cleaning bottles, but storage space is pretty much full.

In case someone asks again... the fat stubby bottles DO work on the fast rack beer bottle rack. They tilt slightly as the inner ones push the outside out a bit is all.

Does that mean that you can fit 24 stubby bottles per level on the Fastrack with the ability stack several levels?

I have 2 fast racks and always forget to use them when Im bottling from the keg ... darn it... maybe next time.. They are nice though. Take up little space and easy to clean. Like others have said nothing touches the sanitized inside part of bottle ! A + +

Back