Bottle Scumline

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dfohio

Reaction score
So, I have scumlines on most of the bottles of three batches I bottled in the past couple months.

Is this always a sign of infection? In my mild, I can see white flakes floating around and also attaching to the bottle. I have tasted the nut brown and it seems fine so far.

So, what do I do?

Throw them all in the fridge and hope it slows it down?

Is it possible this is yeast?

Hanging down like strings?

There isn't anything hanging. I just chilled all three and all the floating particles crashed to the bottom. I'm guessing its just yeast, but the ring of dots around almost every bottle threw me off

your beer is fine. just a little karasen in your bottle from the carbonation process. just shake the bottle to break it up. also there will be a layer of crap at the bottom of the bottle. this is also normal. just try not to pour the sediment into a glass or drink it out of the bottle.

your beer is fine. just a little karasen in your bottle from the carbonation process. just shake the bottle to break it up. also there will be a layer of crap at the bottom of the bottle. this is also normal. just try not to pour the sediment into a glass or drink it out of the bottle.

Thanks, I'm well aware of the ins and out of bottling. However, I've never experienced the dotted scumline ring, and all searches point to infection. So, I just wanted to clarify.

Sorry but if you are sending beer to anyone but me for proper disposal, then you are sending it to imposters, They have to be credentialed for that purpose.

Like Me.

beerinspectorcard_copy.jpg

:D

Latest posts

Back