Bottle recommendation?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

djjwrobel

Reaction score
I once used Bud Light bottles because they had twist off tops and an easily removed label. But I'm getting picky now. I don't want any embossing in the glass (no A & eagle). Anybody have any recommendations?

Search the forum
There's tons of threads on this
Best cheap beer bottles, Sam Adams
Stay away from most stubbies if you are using a handheld capper
And no new Belgium because the glass is very thin at the top of the neck
Edit, fixed autocorrect

If you happen to live near Rochester MN, I have about 50 Sierra Nevada bottles I'll give you. Washed (but dusty) and labels removed. I'm getting rid of them because they don't fit well in milk crates.

I'm standardizing on regular longnecks (like Schell's) and Full Sail stubbies. I like longnecks because 25 of them fit perfectly in a milk crate. I keep the stubbies in their original boxes. You have to use a bench capper for the stubby bottles.

I don't see any Bell's twist off tops. I know some shy away but I've had no problem - one of my initial requirements.

No good - they're embossed. I want plain bottles w/o anybody's name or logo in the glass.

Search the forum
There's tons of threads on this
Best ahead beer bottles, Sam Adams
Stay away from most stubbies if you are using a handheld capper
And no new Belgium because the glass is very thin at the top of the neck

Neither here nor their, but I have never had a problem using NB bottles. But they are embossed as well as non-twisty. Carry on.

Neither here nor their, but I have never had a problem using NB bottles. But they are embossed as well as non-twisty. Carry on.

I snapped the necks on 3 or 4 with a wing capper
I now mostly keg, so cleared them out of my "collection" after the last neck breaking. Embossed really doesn't matter unless it's for a competition, correct? DFH bottles are much heavier than NB, but also embossed.
As to twist offs, those are best recycled. While you can crimp a cap on them, I would fear the risk of small shards breaking off the threads and ending up in my gut.

No good - they're embossed. I want plain bottles w/o anybody's name or logo in the glass.

I'm pretty sure Leinie's comes in plain longnecks with twist-off crown caps. I don't have any handy to check because I just recycle them.

ETA: I had a Leinenkugel's today. Plain brown longneck bottle, no embrossing, twist-off cap. It did have a label you'd have to peel off

Do you have a recycling center around you? You could just go and pick the bottles you want. If not you could always buy a case, not that you really want to but if your that picky about the bottle the store bought ones are plain.

Back